Grass box dents

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davidt
    Participant

Hi members ,

Any advice on restoring lots of small dents in grass boxes please.

hdtrust
    Participant

Hi
    How about adding some photos of your problems as there are many ways of fixing your problems depending on the degree of the dents

davidt
    Participant

Will do when I can get someone to show me how to do it from my phone. Not having any success

David

hdtrust
    Participant

Yes it appears you are struggling, then lets try another way, which mower did your grass box come from? What material is it made from where the dents are?
    Just trying to help
    Regards
    Andrew

wristpin
    Participant

Yes it appears you are struggling, then lets try another way, which mower did your grass box come from? What material is it made from where the dents are?

In addition to the above, why not post the name of your post town, as there may be someone in your area who can offer hands on help.

hdtrust
    Participant

If my suspicions are correct you are known as Moorcroftman and the grass box you are having problems with are for a Ransomes Ajax!
    Please be aware metal sheeting which this box is made from can age harden, so where possible heat should be applied first, this can be with a simple blow torch or if your workshop is better equipped a oxy-acetylene kit with a rosebud torch. When warmed you can use the round end of a ball pain hammer, and place the box on anything hard, as long as its the same shape as your finished box. OR use a panel beaters maul behind. Hitting it can stretch the metal so be careful, if a crack appears, its best to braze the area, as welding could do more damage if heavy handed by burning a hole. If however you find it too difficult, then look for a company that does ducting work, ask them nicely or offer them a drink!
    After writing this I could do with a drink as well!!!
    Kind regards
    Andrew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.