Ginge Futura \'Leaf Springs\' –

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Ginge Futura \'Leaf Springs\' –

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi – I have been using a Ginge Futura hand lawn mower since the late 1960s and one of the leaf springs adjusting the cutting plate has just snapped. Has anyone got any spare springs or knows where they could be purchased or made?

alan
    Participant

Good to know that you have been using a Ginge mower all these years – they were certainly built to last!

As for spare parts, as far as I know (from when I did research) Ginge mowers were made to their own design so parts may be hard to come by now.

I’d have a look through anything to do with Al-Ko as they now own Ginge, you never know what may turn up and I’m unsure if any of the modern Al-Ko mowers are of the same or similar design or carry over some parts – exploded diagrams might help there.

Otherwise it may be a case of seeing if a new spring can be manufactured by someone local, or see if a similar mower comes up on an auction site which could be used for spares.

Research can pay off some times as, after 18 months, I’ve just found a brand-new double-drive gear (£14) on a German website to mend a broken hedgetrimmer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.