Four Oaks Battle Pattern

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Garden implements Four Oaks Battle Pattern

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sprayerman
    Participant

Hi all,

Thought I share some pictures of the latest addition to the collection with you.

A Four Oaks “Battle” Pattern which spent most of its life hard at work in Lincolnshire, the wear on the stub axles is amazing, as borne out by the wear on the staves caused by the left hand wheel rubbing on them.

The pictures do not give a true indication of its size, it stands from ground to top of air cylinder at about 5 foot tall, the wheels are about 30 inches in diameter. It is very very heavy, I’d estimate in its dry state at about 150-160lbs+.

As with all Four Oaks sprayers determination of its age is very difficult, but I’d hazard a guess at between 1910’s and late 1940’s.

Cheers

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Good looking item. Given its age and wood content it lucky its not a pile metal in the corner of an orchard or field somewhere! Looks like a nice addition to your collection.

jtg1
    Participant

did see that, when it was available, but aquired a few things lately, so budget not up to it. but have aquired a drake and fletcher hop sprayer though, picking it up on sunday. glad its gone to a good home.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.