Farm and Horticultural Equipment

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Farm and Horticultural Equipment

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    chap
    Participant

Tw is A very good way of promoting the club we maybe should think long and hard before cutting off one of our biggest shop windows.location location and so on.

vhgmcbuddy

theres shows all around england that we can fly the banner, and we do, dropping t/w would not be the end of the world

vhgmcbuddy

Personally I would still go to Tractor World anyway…

stevewoollas
    Participant

At the risk of sounding my age I have had this conversation with a number of exhibitors over the years when they tell me they will boycott an event, be it a steam or tractor rally, ploughing match, working weekend or whatever. Various reasons have been given including not agreeing with the judges decision, not liking their plot, not being able to park next to their friend, it rained, the camping isn’t close enough, the organiser didn’t speak to me, it rained again etc etc and all sorts of other reasons from needy people who expect special treatment and in the main never get off their rumps to organise anything themselves. As usual I have a stock answer which is along the lines of “Yes you’re right. Don’t come next year and when you’re sat at home alone the event will still be going ahead and we will all be here enjoying ourselves”. In other words, “If you don’t come you are the one who loses out.”
    This instance is a little different as Presidents, (playing devils advocate), question as to consider the boycott of TW would be a protest against a course of action which is unpopular. Personally I shall still attend TW for as long as I am able as this is a good quality event, providing exposure to the VHGMC and horticultural/garden machines in a high profile format, judging and awards in three different classes and inclusion in the T&M magazine write-ups. Don’t forget the gains to be made at the auction. What more do we want?
    An interesting debate could manifest itself on this subject….what is your thought?

chap
    Participant

May be in the first instance we should send our protest at loosing the section to Scott Lambert
    tm.ed@kelsey.co.uk

charlie
    Keymaster

With suitable words in The Cultivator it will get to Scott as he receives a copy of The Cultivator, not sure if he reads it though. So come on a great opportunity to fill the letters page for Alan.

vhgmcbuddy

In my original email to Scott Lambert I asked who he wished articles to be sent to if he wanted them in future, 9.30 yesterday evening I received an email asking them to be sent dirctly to him

Steve W I agree with all that you have written above, having organised many events over the last few years the maxim is true that the loudest moaners are the ones who do sweet FA towards the event !!

will-haggle
    Participant

I think, with your permission, I’ll make these comments into a feature for the magazine. I think we should stick with TW as there’s nothing much else on and it’s a chance to promote the club to a wider audience….

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.