DVLA new REGISTRATION

Home Forums General Help and information DVLA new REGISTRATION

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wingland
    Participant

Hi guys and girls,
    Can you help !!!
    Just got a Kutoba B1700D tractor and need to get it road registered
    It has not been registered in the past, although it looks like number plate holes are at the front and it has a plate on the back of the seat, Kubota uk cannot give a manufactoring date just say 1976 to 1985, the same is found on most web sites, Dvla require some proof of manufactoring date, does the tractor serial number give any details away, mine is 69024
    reading up on some sites say the year relates to the first two digits of the registration No.
    regards
    Pete

charlie
    Keymaster

If the manufacturer cannot supply a date I would guess it is unlikely anyone else can. One possibility is if parts changed over time, if so the parts list may give some indication of date and at what serial number change was made. Have you tried contacting your local Kubota dealer?

trusty220
    Keymaster

When I used to repair Kubota tractors, and later moved on to selling them, I asked the Kubota demonstrator about date codes. Things like clutches and brakes were stamped in ink with a date code (which is why I asked in the first place) but the calendar that the Japanese used at the time was not the same as ours and I forget how to convert it. Either way, if the serial number does reflect the build year it will not tally with our calendar at all.

If you definitely want to register it why not just put it on a “Q” registration? That doesn’t require proof of age.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.