Cultmate BSA carburettor help

Home Forums General Help and information Cultmate BSA carburettor help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bish
    Participant

I’ve started restoring my BMB Cultmate (see separate topic in projects) this machine has a BSA engine which runs beautifully , however looking at the carburettor I can see a hole now I’m just wondering is the hole supposed to be there or whether it’s missing something. Does anyone know for sure , it runs fine but does seem to leak an awful lot so I’m trying to identify and fix any areas that could be contributing to the leak.

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

Easy one for a motorcyclist, that hole is supposed to have the tickler in it, all Amal carb’s. have them. It’s a little spring loaded button, on cold starting you hold it down to flood the carb. I’ll scan a diagram….

bish
    Participant

Thank you a diagram would be useful. I’ve had a search for one but there’s loads of different models available does anyone know what model my carb is and if there’s anywhere to get a tickler from? Thanks again

stuart
    Participant

The model of the carb is stamped on the body.After a good clean take a look around the area where the fixing clamp is and you will see it.It will be something like 379/1 for example.

will-haggle
    Participant

I’ve had a look at my BSA manual, but the carb’s. they show are different but in the Tarpen type 42 generator manual there’s a diagram of a type 333 carb. See scan…

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

The 320cc BSA engine out of my Dad’s old Cultmate was fitted with an Amal 124/131 carburettor. Looks to be the same as yours.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.