Colwood – mono wheel – best invention, however

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Colwood – mono wheel – best invention, however

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I would like to know more about them, as so far I have used two to create one.

I am based in Australia, and love the concept of the mono wheel, because it allows me to make my beds very close together.

I was fortunate enough to get one that had a number of implements, including the rotary hoe, a plough, a weeder and another tool that I haven’t figured out yet, but it didn’t come with a tool bar to attach these implements to, and I’m a little lost as to how to make them all fit and run nicely.

It would be great if someone could explain how it should all go together, or even better if you have photos, a picture is worth 1000 words after all, plus does it have other implements I should be keeping my eyes open for?

I am running a villiers 10 motor on it, with a 22 tooth engine sprocket, which makes it pull ok in 2nd, but makes 1st useless.
    Does anyone know what motor it should come with and therefore what engine sprocket?

I’ve included a couple of photos of mine, with a row furrower attached, it does a great job of my garden beds, but getting back to tool bars, I’ve designed one to work with the furrower, and a separate one to work with the plough, but I’m sure that there is a better solution in using the original design, but I can’t workout what it is.

Thanks
    Gamila

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Gamila welcome to the club. now we have quite a few collectors of these little wonders and we also have one member inparticular who runs the colwood register so that’s very handy. his name is steve and he goes by steve d on here. I would send him a PM from using the facility on this site. he might even see your enquiry and get in touch from that,but pm him.

steve-d
    Participant

Hi thanks for the intro john .it looks to me your machine is a colwood ra model which seem to be more common in Australia than some of the earlier models your engine doesnt look to far wrong and I believe should be a mk 12 Villiers.

I currently own five colwoods .4 model a variants, and an early b, but might be acquiring an ra soon , I also have various tools including a sickle cutter bar , , and a generator attachment.
    Plus I also run the colwood register .
    Feel free to pm .
    Best
    Steve.

will-haggle
    Participant

I’ve got a model B, which could have had a JAP 2A or a Villiers Mk 10, minw has the Villiers. I’ve attache a couple of pictures. Mine has a fairly wide tool bar….

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

Here are some others. Pictures from Ardingly 2012, John Webster is driving the Blue one, which belongs to Steve Deness, if my memory serves me well…

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

yes Alan your marbles are intack t yes I remember I took it around the ring because steve wanted a jolly with the goodwood. just can see steve with yellow coat on having a chin wag with someone and he has the goodwood with him

vhgmcbuddy

here is a couple more 2013 show never got to chat with anyone as no one was there

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

and another

steve-d
    Participant

Very nice display of colwood gear there would love to get in touch to compare notes on what you have .
    Steve.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.