Bonser Truck

Home Forums General Help and information Bonser Truck

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stan
    Participant

I have a Bonser Truck which I am currently restoring and wondered if anyone knows what colour it should be painted to keep it original.
    It is a Model D serial number 660110.

charlie
    Keymaster

If you have an area of original paint that has not been exposed to too much sunlight? Underneath brackets etc that have been bolted on is usually a good place. If so you should be able to get it matched by a paint supplier.

stan
    Participant

Thanks for that .I’ve rubbed down the chassis , but can’t really tell the original paint.There are four different colours , the most recent are orange and yellow , the older colours are green and blue but I can’t see which one was first.
    Did they come out of the factory a particular colour or could the customer choose ?

stan
    Participant

Does anybody know which type of tyre should be fitted to the front of a Bonser truck. I’ve seen some with 3 rib tyres and others with car tyres . Also any idea of where to buy them ?

charlie
    Keymaster

The information I have shows a ribbed tyre on the front and either a cleated tractor tyre or Land Rover style mud and snow tyre on the rear.

stan
    Participant

Thanks for that Charlie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.