Bantam started again

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Bantam started again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Many thanks for the replies to non starting bantam, now running again but I am foxed by the belt tensioner. I have looked at the Internet and can see that most of if not all of the tensioner items are missing which is letting the belt slip under load but I can’t find a good enough pic to see what’s not there. Does any one have a clear pic of the set up at all?

charlie
    Keymaster

The following extract from the owners manual may help.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

pdf version of above

hortiman
    Participant

Hi there
    On the PDF drawing you will see part No 240, you should be able to loosen the locknut and screw in part No 240 to tighten the belt, if that does not work it is probably the wrong belt.

Hope this helps
    Chris

PS I tightened up mine today after rebuilding the engine.

vhgmcbuddy

Many thanks for the replies and info chaps,I have looked at the machine and part 240 is indeed missing.the brake block (232) is not there either but how does it work? Also how does the adjuster work? What does it move to tighten the belt?

hortiman
    Participant

The adjuster ‘bolt’ when tightened rocks the engine to tighten the belt, and when the engine returns to the resting position the brake block slows and stops the pulley, to prevent grinding of gears.
    Chris

vhgmcbuddy

Many thanks for the further info Chris, will now try to source some parts as indeed they are all missing!
    Regards
    Andy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.