auto gardner series 52

Home Forums General Help and information auto gardner series 52

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi
    I have just become a member of the vhgmc and I have got myself a auto gardner
    there are a few things need doing to it
    the one thing that is strange I can`t seem to find any throttle
    the auto has a mk15 Villiers engine and I have been told it works on the governor
    the trouble is the carb is not connected to the governor seems to have bits missing
    can anyone help with pics or alike on how to put it back correctly

Many thanks

Ricky

will-haggle
    Participant

My Autogardener has a throttle, but my Autoculto Junior hasn’t. I’v posted some pictures. 1st one is Russ Berry using his Autogardener, no throttle fitted, 2nd one is my Autogardener showing that the throttle pulls the governor rod, 3rd one is my Junior, with the carb removed, this shows the governor rod….

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Illustration below is taken from operators manual / parts list for the MK 15 and shows the throttle to governor linkage, items 112 to 120.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

hi ricky, welcome to the club. not sure if these will help but picture 3 is with the throttle cable connected to the governer lever, the 2nd is the governer and spring with no throttle cable and the first is the governer lever connected to the carb body (bottom part of the carb removed. the thrid picture is on a gardener, and the second is on the junior.hope this helps

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.