auto culto

Home Forums General Help and information auto culto

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have bought from that well known web Site, A new “Project” it is an Auto Culto Mk. 1X It was advertised as a Howard, but it was easy to spot, I have two of the “Junior Models, But always fancied the Mk. 1x when I read up some Auto culto pamphlets on it, Way back, someone was starting an Auto Culto Register, is it still going? does anyone have any hands on experience of this machine? I would be interested in comments, also as I have to collect it with my Ancient Landrover, can anyone tell me the weight? nothing in the litrature about weight or dimensions! regards Plonker

charlie
    Keymaster

Jim Beacon is the Auto-Culto man. Should be OK for weight I have had a SIMAR 56 in the back of my Land Rover 88 with no problem, it needed a bit of dismantling to get it in.

mickattwo
    Participant

I have one and sent an email to the register address and I have never heard anything since
    I collected mine in an old Honda Civic size no problem but quite heavy. Putting a Villiers engine on mine eventually,

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks, will find out tomorrow if it fits or not! Does anyone know where I can download or copy an instruction manual for the Auto culto Mk. 1X? I did try to go on the Auto Culto site, last night, But warned off by my computor security as Unsafe!

charlie
    Keymaster

Jim does have an Auto Culto page on facebook.

jim-beacon
    Participant

Firstly, apologies for anyone who has emailed the register address, and not received a reply. The web page has been off-line for some months, due to the server being hacked, and me not finding a suitable hew hosting company yet. I’ve also had issues where a reply to an email has been rejected by other peoples mail servers, either for security or other issues (also, check your spam folder).

The mkIX is between 4cwt and 6cwt, depending on how it is set up, basic rotavator, small wheels, and JAP engine, about 4cwt, BSA engine slightly more, with plough, large wheels, lugged wheel weights and counter weights, about 6cwt, though the counterweights lift off (they weigh 60lb each).

I have a manual for teh machine, the JAP engine and the BSA engine, send me a private message with your email address, and I’ll send them on.

jim-beacon
    Participant

I should also say that I’ve used the mkIX in both rotavator and ploughing configurations, with both engines – the BSA is the better engine, but if you’re ploughing, traction will be the issue, not power!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.