Atco Super Raker 14

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Atco Super Raker 14

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dorigny
    Participant

A classic? machine, based on the chassis of the Qualcast Concorde RE35DL, that comes out of my shed once a year and has done so since late 1980s? only needing a few tines replaced for the first time this year. 6 springs fitted this morning before I set to on the front lawn. Too much thatch and moss was coming out to keep emptying the box so I dispensed with it for the 3rd and 4th pass and used an old Sprinbok rake to clear up…one that is stamped with English Tools Ltd.
    Job completed with Tecumseh BVS153 powered Hayter Harrier 41 Autodrive.

Clive. 🙂

Attachments:
    sidevalve44
    Participant

Looks like it did a super job on your lawn. Machines like the old concorde were often derided
    as cheap and cheerful back in the 70s when I worked in the garden machinery trade but, they were usually abused something rotten, rarely, if ever, got maintained, but continued to give good service to their owners.

dorigny
    Participant

The Super raker really does do a good job still. I usually get out my late uncles Wolf Cub E30 to finish the job…but it was a bit too blocked in in the garage so used the Hayter that an old school friend gifted me after his garden had less lawn and gained a model railway. 🙂

That’s true, the old Concordes really did very well at the hammer they could take. We used to sell huge numbers of belts for them…especially about now as nearly every caravan on the coastal strip had one. Or if not they would have a Flymo Minimo, so we would also stock up on lower Minimo handles, pins and R clips…and plastic covers and nuts for the Flymo Minitrims. A few still relied on Qualcast B1 push mowers and perhaps still do 🙂

The next model of the Concorde RE35 and E30 did not fair so well…do you remember those little plastic wing nuts on the height adjusters.?? 😉

Clive.

dorigny
    Participant

Next for the lawn is the Merry Tiller with its aeration tines…but left that job for another day and took afternoon tea at Sibsey Trader Windmill. 🙂

Clive.

sidevalve44
    Participant

Must admit I can’t remember the plastic wing nuts but, I do remember selling loads of drive belts and nylon gears !

Happy days !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.