Are we sitting on a fortune ?

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Are we sitting on a fortune ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Just seen this little witch for sale at a reputable lawnmower museum. Its just amazing how things go up in value try £ 250 plus vat. Another resto on the cards !

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

what museum was that john, sure it wasnt harrods?

vhgmcbuddy

Are you thinking of a prosperous new year John. Value is one thing but getting a buyer is another. Be interesting to see if does sell.

hillsider
    Participant

I have seen these mowers advertised before and there is no denying the standards that they are restored to, but I can’t help wondering if they have actually sold any mowers at these prices?

vhgmcbuddy

reason for being slightly exited is I bought one of these for ten pounds so my grandson and myself could restore it together as his first project. might I add that this one belonged to a chunkie male body builder and when I asked him how long he had been using it he said about 12 years. I did not feel brave enough to tell him that he had been using a ladys mower in public without knowing it. am I a coward or what !!!

wristpin
    Participant

I have seen these mowers advertised before and there is no denying the standards that they are restored to, but I can’t help wondering if they have actually sold any mowers at these prices?

Can’t ever see mowers of that era being a ” money no object, must have item” regardless of how original or painstakingly restored! However, never say never………!

dorigny
    Participant

I too have a Witch as per the photo…bought new by Dad from E J Tong & Sons in Spilsby to replace and upgrade from his Super Panther. The Witch is now tucked in the back of the shed after much use, retired due to my late 1960s Atco BE14″ arriving. I seem to think mine has a broken spring clip where the adjusting spanner sits on board, so bang goes its value 😉

Clive. 😉

vhgmcbuddy

oh well clive you win some you loose some, actually I think I am in the same boat,our tool clip has had it as well,guess we will both need to return to work after the break………shucks !

dorigny
    Participant

I’ve just been out in the garage and found the second little spanner/screwdriver that came with it though 🙂

Clive.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.