Any one want a project

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Any one want a project

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Some of you may remember me posting on the old site regarding a Simar rotavator I had acquired for restoration. Well a couple of years later and I haven’t touched it. The way things are going I’m not likely to, I’m getting too involved with Grey Fergie stuff. Any how any genuine horticultural machinery fan can have it for the same as I got it for which is, the grand sum of, nowt. Please see pics for info.And heres a link to my original post

http://www.tractorbox.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5989

It can be picked up from Hull. Please reply on here in the first instance.

Note to Admin. Please accept my apologies if this post is in the wrong place, I can’t see a for sale section. Feel free to move the post if necessary.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

I will get our editor to put an advert in the April issue of The Cultivator, our club magazine. These are great machines but not many people seem to collect them, possibly due to the weight, about 4 1/2 cwt. If no one takes it on as a project it would be better to see it broken for spares rather than scrapped, just wish I lived a bit nearer.

vhgmcbuddy

I think this would go well with my Trusty’s!! Private message sent.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Charlie,

It is a big lump but they are quite an impressive lump. I’d rather not break it for spares as there are always bits left that ‘might come in some day’! It won’t be scrapped either even if it’s worthless it’s too precious and I’d rather keep on tripping up over it than that.

charlie
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it won’t be scrapped. Sean if you are taking it on I can supply owners manual and parts list for the Rototiller.

vhgmcbuddy

Doesn’t look a bad machine, is it complete? And where abouts in hull are you?

will-haggle
    Participant

I can still put an advert in but has a deal now been done?

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the interest. Sean has said he will have it we’ve just got to work out transport. If it all goes pear shaped I’ll resurect this thread.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks to all concerned and to Sean. I hope it’s what you were expecting. I forgot to give you some information that Charlie kindly supplied. It was dispatched on the 18.9.56 and delivered to Newhouse farm Halsham on the 5.2.57. The earliest owner that I know of bought it from someone in Hull, it then found it’s way into the hands of a member of the Holderness Vintage Agricultural Club before I got hold of it. So it’s probably spent all it’s life in East Yorkshire.

Thanks again,
    Colin.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the info Colin. We made it back in one piece and the sun even came out during unloading.

Once I get round to the restoration, will post all the details here. Have got to finish the rebuild of my Norton engined Trusty first though, and I did promise my Dad that I would get his Howard 350 back in working order before attempting the Simar!!

Once again, thank you for your generosity. There aren’t many people left who would give a machine away for nowt, especially in Yorkshire!!!

So Charlie, I will be needing any manuals you have on the Simar 56A.

Cheers,

Sean

charlie
    Keymaster

Sean e mail and attachments sent.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.