Another problem on this new forum!

Home Forums General Help and information Another problem on this new forum!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    darmic1
    Participant

Hi all/Charlie
    I don’t know if its just my computers or if anyone else is having the following problem.
    When viewing a topic which contains a “youtube” clip, it shows as a small viewing pane within the thread. I can click the play arrow and the video starts to play. It only plays about 30-45 seconds before stopping. Once stopped I get a message about accepting “popups” from VHGMC site. It makes no difference if I accept once or always the videos still stop. the same thing happens when I enlarge the viewing pane to full screen. Yet if find the video on the “youtube” site it plays absolutely fine……
    On a separate note, I too can see folks details, address etc… when viewing profiles. Its my understanding that only Admin can see this information?

charlie
    Keymaster

First I have heard of anyone having problem viewing You Tube via forum. Sounds as if it could be something to do with the settings on your computer. Have you tried from another computer?
    Member details can no longer be seen by guests, but can be seen by paid members. I will need to see what the implication of removing this will be.

darmic1
    Participant

Right, have tried two other machines, both do the same. Thats 3 different machines using 2 different operating systems and 2 different browsers. Incidently its not a memory problem as the laptop is AMD quad running 6gig memory with a 1 terrabyte hard drive……
    stumped.com

darmic1
    Participant

Will have to post again, as cant “edit” post either. Says at the bottom left, “edit this page” but when clicked say no permission…… No other edit option anywhere to be found, and this is trying the Tablet this time. Grrrrrr!
    Getting another problem on PCs and laptop, when trying to view the youtube clips via forum, its now crashing the browser, a reboot is required to reset the browser each time i’ve tried. Simply closing and reopening isn’t working. Everything else works fine, just checked 2 other forums I belong to, youtube itself, even re-run AVG, just to make sure no nasties hiding in there.
    Getting really frustrated with this now!!!

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Darren. I have now found the edit, I also tried the one at the bottom. It’s on the top of the post when you submit. It’s got the date and time of post, if you look to the right you should see edit reply and a number.

darmic1
    Participant

Its only there for the period immediately after posting, and as long as I dont log out or leave the page. So, I dont know? I need a drink…….

charlie
    Keymaster

I will send details of this problem to development team

charlie
    Keymaster

Darren, if you are still having a problem with viewing You Tube clips please tell which ones it is so I can let developers know.

darmic1
    Participant

Hi Charlie, Have tried the “youtube” video again, The Gutbrod one, all appears to be working fine today??? No changes here, so maybe just a hiccup? fingers. arms, eyes crossed! Smiley….

charlie
    Keymaster

Good news, let me know if it happens again, with details of which clip.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.