Allen scythe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi people
    Just got an Allen scythe off a mate. It’s in very poor condition . Just wondering how to date it . The number on it is 109655. Any info appreciated .

vhgmcbuddy

I have the same problem mine is a model T No. 21178 with the Villiers 11c 2 stroke engine.

Any ideas please.

Bryan

godfreystu
    Participant

Hi,i had the same problem but i got intouch with Jennifer Glanville at MERL (museum of english rural living)tel.no 01183788660.gave her my 4 nos.She came back to me after 2 days with not only the date made but who they were origanlly sold to.Very helpfull lady.NO harm in trying her.

vhgmcbuddy

I contacted her and it turns out its a 1963 build.
    Have stripped down the engine and I need a coil. Anyone know how to get the coil out if the 2 ears that hold it ? No grub screw , just some weird arrangement on the ends ?

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

I just can say that the people at Merl is very kind and very profesionnal: I refer to Mrs Kristie Mills who helped me a lot about the english Model D Gravely

will-haggle
    Participant

I’ll put a note about MERL in the June edition of The Cultivator, thanks for the tip….

charlie
    Keymaster

MERL have in their collection drawings for the Monro Tiller and other Monro products. These were donated by the VHGMC. Other club members have also donated Mayfield information and I will be donating the old Monro publicity films I have.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.