albion gear box

Home Forums General Help and information albion gear box

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

HI can anyone help need info on an albion gear box as fitted to a wrigley truck i have an exploded view very kindly sent by rob farmer but wonder if there is such a thing as a manual ?
    It looks like this one has the wrong end case /bearing for the lay shaft the front casing has a crack which are going to try to repair with low temp aluminium solder so if i end up with a silver blob i know it has not worked so any help parts black magic will be of help
    jayne

charlie
    Keymaster

Do you know which Albion gearbox it is? How many forward gears and does it have reverse? I have parts lists which give a bit of additional information about the gearboxes, HR, H, HJR and HJ, EJ, and AL.

vhgmcbuddy

hi love simple answer is i dont know its a 3 forward speed no reverse as you just turn the whole thing around if you can email what you have it will be of use as i said i dont think the front cap is the original the only marks are DUF but i dont know if this refers to the box as in it aint no good !!! or its the code is there any way to tell ?
    may also be of use but i have found a very good supplier of lose imperial balls for bearings just order 50 x3/16 all for the terrible price of £3.90
    Company is Simply Bearings.co.uk
    if you want to send direct to my E mail its jayne_1949@hotmail.co.uk
    Thank you for your prompt reply
    jayne x

vhgmcbuddy

PS it does have a spring loaded starter leaver alos there is an underscore between jayne and 1949

vhgmcbuddy

pps just had a word with rob and he recons its a EJ

charlie
    Keymaster

I will scan and e mail the EJ information.

vhgmcbuddy

Just to square the circle i have now used the low temp solder and appears to have worked very well and saved the gear case

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.