34" ATCO

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Just picked up a 34″ ATCO, it’s huge!!!!!!!

It weighs a ton, well not quite, but two of us only just managed to pick one end up to slide it onto the trailer. it does need a grass box so if anyone has any pattern for one so I can make one I would appreciate any help. I will put some pictures on latter today.

Phil

vhgmcbuddy

I think the main roller is solid and that’s why the weight is high. Probably a cricket pitch mower?
    Can anyone put a date to the serial number, can’t see much age to it.
    sorry just a problem with posting the pics!

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Looking at the design of the plate I’m guessing early to mid 80’s. there will probably be a date stamped into the outsid edge of the flywheel if you pop the airshroud off.
    Edit I’ve just relooked at the photo and its got an early type sump fitted which makes the engine 1950’s. a bit of parts swapping maybe?

vhgmcbuddy

Great another project on its way phil. as for date poss mid 70 s but the engine looks like the one in my 28 inch resto. hi to gareth to.

vhgmcbuddy

Just noticed your new avatar, I had to blow it up because I thought I was seeing things with my new eye I got from the hospital last week.

What type of bird is it, I can’t find it in any of my bird books 🙂

Phil

vhgmcbuddy

i think its dog titretriever they are quiet common in northyorkshire phil the twitchers love them ha ha

vhgmcbuddy

Just found it in the book, it’s a “cocker sparrow”

vhgmcbuddy

My wife thinks its a cocker tiel hhmmm thanks for the laughs with the naming

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.