new forum

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi guys finally managed to get here, a a couple of question’s though, i seem to be able to read most of the general forum (i.e this one) posts ok but on the machinery forum i can read the reply’s (or voice’s ) but not the original post? it’s the same in this forum the topic “Enstone” shows a post but when i click to view it, nothing? it just give’s me the topic box, i.e the one i’m typing this in,
    also is geoff still hoping to put up the trusty dating info somewhere on the new site?
    Roy H

charlie
    Keymaster

Roy H the development team are looking into this issue.

wristpin
    Participant

Any chance of upping the point size of posts to the forum?

hillsider
    Participant

Quote – Any chance of upping the point size of posts to the forum?

Yes please, something resembling the appearance of the old forum would be easier on the eyes, especially for folk who use small screen devices or have restricted vision.
    I realise that those with small screens scan sometimes enlarge the view but then you lose half the text off the screen and end up scrolling etc.

charlie
    Keymaster

I will ask the development team.

web2
    Participant

Hopefully I have just entered the right codes to make this text ‘bolder’ than the normal text which has been in the topics posted so far. If it works when I submit this post, then I will submit another post with how it managed to do the bold.

At the moment I really think I will miss the preview box to see how an item will look before it is posted, but perhaps the web developers may be able to rectify this in the future.

Jean

web2
    Participant

I have managed to get the text ‘bold’ as you can see(?). I did this by clicking on the /b in the first box at the top of the box where we type our post. You then have to remember to click the /b again at the end of your post or it won’t work.

I did try to also get the text larger but I have failed with this so far, as you can see by the fact that I edited by post twice – I will keep on trying.

On second thoughts I’m not even sure that the ‘bold’ has worked as the text looks very similar to that submitted by Ray in the post before! Ah well, keep on trying!

vhgmcbuddy

Is there any plan to have emoticons added

charlie
    Keymaster

No plans for emoticons at present, not essential.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi, Mike from Western Australia here. Just subscribed via the free link from the old forum. Are projets on the old forum going to be transferred across? Seems a shame to loose all the great restos and technical detail that was in them all.

will-haggle
    Participant

Hi Mike the old forum will be archived and the contents will be accessible to all…

charlie
    Keymaster

spam tags removed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.