colwood power barrow

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines colwood power barrow

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

new to forum , just got a colwood power barrow , looking to restore and show
    not running at moment
    cheers pete

vhgmcbuddy

Welcome to the forum Pete

Any photos of your machine please ??

stevewoollas
    Participant

I have some pictures of this machine which I will upload tonight

steve-d
    Participant

Hi Pete I would be very interested to see your colwood so I can add to the register, I also own a barrow attachment which I intend to restore over the winter, I also own 15 colwood machines in various states of repair.
    Best steve.

stevewoollas
    Participant

Hello Pete,
    It was me who spoke with you just after you bought the Colwood Powerbarrow on Saturday and i’m glad you found the VHGMC website and Forum. Hope fully it will prove useful to you.
    My grandson, Drewboy, took three pictures of the Colwood so hopefully you don’t mind me adding them on here.
    Good luck with your restoration–Steve

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

hi steve , thanks for adding photos
    been playing with the engine today , got it running aftor a little bit of work
    need to have a look at gearbox as lever is stuck and will not change
    could anyone tell me how the pull start work on gear box ?
    as mine does not seam to be catching anything inside ?
    cheers pete

charlie
    Keymaster

Which model of Albion gearbox does it have? I may have a parts list or manual.

steve-d
    Participant

Hi Pete this is all that remains of my barrow, and yours makes it only the third one I know of in existence, and I’m very impressed that your s looks original, and if possible please could I have any dimensions, it’s attached to a colwood model B series 2 with a Villiers mk 10 engine. It is not the easiest to explain gearbox, but it’s a two speed and when in neutral the clutch engaged allows you to start it on the handle.

charlie
    Keymaster

The gearbox is like a motorcycle gearbox and the handle is in effect the kick start.

vhgmcbuddy

think gearbox is no good as lever will go round in a circle now ?????
    think something must have snapped inside ?
    anyone came across this befor ?
    any help would be really handy
    cheers pete

charlie
    Keymaster

As I said before which model of gearbox is it as I may have a manual. I think it should have the type on the casing somewhere.

vhgmcbuddy

hi , will have a look and let you know
    cheers pete

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.