Your Cultivator

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    will-haggle
    Participant

Your Cultivator Magazine 136 has left the Editors desk and is heading in the general direction of Charlie for onward transmission to our printers.

charlie
    Keymaster

Copy is now flying through the ether to the printers.

hdtrust
    Participant

To day while doing my day job, having to clear dross from garages, I came across a stash of magazines to include old issues of the Cultivator and FHEC,Old Glory, Vintage Car and Commercial enough to fill a small 4 cu yard skip!
    How many other garages are full like this up and down the country.
    Had to put a muzzle on Mr Wallingfield and reins to stop him going through them!
    I think the one to beat is a few years ago we cleared a library full of Bibles in over 72 languages, they did fill a 6 cu yard skip!

will-haggle
    Participant

My copy has arrived today! As for collections of magazines mine fill every corner, Old Glory’s, FHEC’s, car & motorbike mags etc.!

charlie
    Keymaster

Mine has just dropped through the letterbox too.

hdtrust
    Participant

Just finished reading mine, though had a little trouble finding the end of Thomas’s article as starts on page 11, but finishes on page 6.
    Lucky for me, I can read in two other languages which helped greatly (Cantonese and Mandarin)

trusty220
    Keymaster

Proof positive at last that Thomas is partial to Chinese take-aways!

Well done Alan for another edition of The Cultivator. It is the only publication available in this country solely dedicated to “our” machinery.

hdtrust
    Participant

Well Mr Chairman, you just dont know how close you are with your answer! You will just have to wait till the new series of Thomas in the capital, comes out! (be careful with the last bit, it is not a typing era!)

trusty220
    Keymaster

Thomas coming out?? Have you discussed this with your wife?

….or did he come out and has now gone back in? Oh dear, I feel one of my headaches coming on again!

hdtrust
    Participant

All I will say is I’ll keep you all in suspense, or is that suspend********

hdtrust
    Participant

Well Mr Chairman, I can now reveal what Thomas does in his spare time, within a well locked shed!
    Perhaps you could say the feminine side is coming out!
    Or the correct things to do with all the produce we grow

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

Is that where all the Kilner Jars have gone?

hdtrust
    Participant

Actually they are Mason jars, to them that know they are a little cheaper than Kilner but just as good

trusty220
    Keymaster

You say that they are a little cheaper- that’s definitely the Yorkshire part of you coming out; why pay good money for Kilner when you can get just as good for half the price?

It all goes to prove the saying that you can take the man out of Yorkshire but you can’t take the Yorkshire out of the man! It looks like you’re all set to have a great winter this year if these shelves are anything to go by.

alan
    Participant

What? Actually PURCHASED jars? A good Yorkshireman would have borrowed them and saved some money. I think I need to have words with him as he’s letting the side down!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.