Westwood Drive belt hassle

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Westwood Drive belt hassle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi folks. I’ve an old Westwood T1600 and am trying to replace the drive belt. I can’t seem to get the PTO shaft away from the drive pulley despite undoing every bolt in site it wont budge an inch. Apart from Semtex/Dynamite/Flame thrower… any suggestions??

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

It’s been a while but …..Maybe easier to lower the transmission. When I was working on them regularly I used a couple of 4″ lengths of threaded rod and nuts to replace one trans mounting bolt on each side and then remove the other two and the torque brackets to control the drop.
    If I remember correctly the pto shaft engages into a plastic block on top of the trans belt pulley – maybe water has got in there and corroded/bonded the shaft into the block.

vhgmcbuddy

I’ve got the transmission loose so I guess the shaft must be corroded in the trans pulley. Will try some extreme force… Thanks

jwilkes
    Participant

I have had problems last year with worn dogs on a T1200. The pto pulley just lifts off`, bit of a fiddle to get out to repair afterwards. If the plate is free then gentle easing with heavy bars and hammer

Jeremy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.