Weight of BMB Cultmate tractor ?

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Weight of BMB Cultmate tractor ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Can anyone help please? I have to pick up my latest purchase, does anyone know the Weight of the BMB cultmate? there is nothing in the manual, but someone may have a leaflet? I just need to know for working out if it will be ok in my trailer. Thanks

charlie
    Keymaster

With steel wheels the Cultmate weighs 483lbs according to British Tractors and Power Cultivators by J B Ashby.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you Charlie, Just what i needed, I have a small 4 wheel trailer that is easier for my series one Landrover to pull, and it is rated at 500 KG so with plough and cultivator etc still within the limit, Since the Mercedes burst into flames when I tried to tow the other trailer, I now have to rely on the Landrover for towing…. It,s going to be a Long journey!

charlie
    Keymaster

I use my 1957 Land Rover for most of my towing. The longest journey so far was from Midsomer Norton to Ireland for the world record event 8 years ago. This was the Land Rovers second trip to Ireland.

vhgmcbuddy

I dont mind short journeys in the Landrover, I suppose its just a lot of “extra” things to do, compared with a car, Like knowing the stopping distance is totally different, and of course , being Paralysed from the waist down after sitting on those squab seats for an hour…. I know I know… I am turning into a Poofter. Odly, my next Big project in the barn is a Series 2A station Wagon LWB 12 seater with a 6 cylinder engine, … I dont know either!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.