Webb 1473 Instruction manual

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Webb 1473 Instruction manual

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Can anyone tell me where I can obtain a copy of workshop/instruction manual for the above machine fitted with a Briggs Stratton engine, also any ideas what the model is known as?
    It is just a common 14 belt driven webb.

will-haggle
    Participant

This page may be of help…
    http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/forum/webb-model-ab1474

Try a pm to wristpin He’s on here as well…

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks will-haggle, I’d seen this one which covers the belts and a tip about cutting set up but would like a complete manual if possible or one which covers the Briggs Stratton engine.

charlie
    Keymaster

Which B&S engine is it? There should be a serial number on the cowling.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie,
    The no. on the cowling is: 60102-0374-76062403.
    This will make it a 1976 won’t it?
    Best Wishes, Keith

wristpin
    Participant

Just to make sure that we are talking about the same machine, the 1473 had one vee belt and one fine tooth flat belt + the very prone to breakage hard black plastic handle bar grips.
    If this is the machine that you have I can post a parts list but not sure about an operator’s manual. As far as I know there was never a workshop manual.
    As far as the Briggs engine goes there is plenty of information available. The official BS manual is the”Single Cylinder L Head” manual available in hard copy for around £20 and in various places on the net.
    http://www.ppeten.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1014

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Wristpin,
    Thanks for the info, sounds like the same machine but it has two Vee belts the second drives an intermediate pulley which then drives the ribbed roller belt and yes you are correct the handles are a weak point, one of these broken on my machine so will need to locate another.
    Any docs you can supply will be appreciated,
    Thanks for your help, Keith

wristpin
    Participant

Yes, two vee belts!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/55nx02tjfjonbbe/Webb%20AB1253%2C1255%2C1363%2C1473%2C14750001.pdf?dl=0

Good luck with your search for handle grips, they used to snap like the proverbial carrots! When those machines were current we used to buy each of the grip sections five at a time!

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the parts manual, this will be really useful.
    Looks as though there should be an instruction manual out there somewhere its shown as part no. EB0351A so at least I’ve got a clue to start searching.
    Thanks for all your help,
    Cheers

dorigny
    Participant

Used to worry about these models, you had to be so careful with them in the van, then when tipping them on the work bench and we tended to push them about holding the collar at the very top of the plastic handlebars. We once had one come into the workshop with a set of metal handlebar assemblies that had been weld fabricated into quite brilliant copies of the errant plastic fitings…a real work of art.

I still find them fascinating though and would still like to find out more about the origin of the design of these models….being so vast a change from the previous style thick steel side plate and cross member construction to one of thin pressed steel, plastic and self tapping set screws.

Clive.

vhgmcbuddy

Getting to grips with this aquisition now but need some green paint. Any idea about the spec/colour and a supplier?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.