trusty tractor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    moggyjim
    Participant

Where do i look for trusty clutch springs as my latest toy drags a little at tick over.Also i am looking for an impliment for mine as i just have a tractor so far..I have a reverse gear 2 levers on the left handle, plus a pulley and post ?? is this rare

trusty220
    Keymaster

You can buy new clutch springs from Adrian Marshall; I will send you a private message with his details.

moggyjim
    Participant

I opened the clutch case today to see how it all works and found one of the springs is broken ,hence the clutch drag.Are there any left hand threads or things i should know before attempting replacing the spring.???

stevewoollas
    Participant

Hello moggyjim,
    There are no left hand threads within the clutch system.
    The big difficulty is with the “pinch bolt” which tightens the clutch mechanism onto the shaft. Undo this first on disassembly and tighten it last on re assembly. Do not over tighten as over tightening will snap the cast lugs through which the bolt passes and repair is difficult to effect with either weld or braze. There is a bronze bearing in the clutch drum at the back of the clutch which can be greased via the grease nipple within the tube of the clutch shaft. Ensure this is clear for future greasing otherwise a loud dinging noise will be emitted when the clutch engages. Split the joining link on the clutch drum drive chain to remove drum.
    Good luck with it–Steve

moggyjim
    Participant

Got the clutch removed today lots of meat on the shoes and now two springs.

Attachments:
    moggyjim
    Participant

Thanks for the advice drum all cleaned and the clutch installed What a difference much more usable.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi folks,

I’m looking for the spring that connects the two dog clutch levers together on the handlebars of the trusty

Would anyone know of one

Many thanks

Gavan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.