Trusty Tractor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi Guys

New here and was wondering if any one could help with some information on how to start and use this monster.
    It has the crank handle and I am getting a spark to the plug. I’m told there is no choke nin the carb so may need a replacement carb.
    The tractor number is TC1010/4/44
    Thanks
    Steve

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

What you have is a Trusty Earthquake which would normally have had a Villiers 20 or 25 fitted originally. The engine that you have fitted is a much larger one and I’ve come across one other like it- it was called a Villiers 4/44, which is also mirrored in the serial number. It appears to originate from 1965 if you compare it to the others in the “Survivors” listing.

Not all carburettors had a choke for starting, some had a “tickler” on top of the float chamber so that you could hold the float down and flood the carb with fuel. If you could show some photo’s of the front of the engine we may be able to give you an idea how to start it.

Best of luck with it!

andyfrost
    Participant

Your engine is a form of Villiers/JAP hybrid , and should have a BV1320 Carb fitted , it most definately has a choke fitted(or at least should have) , have a look at the bottom of the Carb where the air filter pipe would join on , you should see the choke strangler there , the actuator was plastic and prone to breakage.
    This Carb does not have a tickler.

Get back to us if you’re still unsure.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Here are a couple of pics of the carb, I have checked the jets are clear on the carb but it looks like something is missing from the front of it.

So my question is can the missing bits be obtained or would it be easier to replace the carb?

vhgmcbuddy

Try again

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

Yes , your choke assembly is missing , try calling Paul Childs at Meetens.

Andy.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Here are two pictures in my file that you may find useful. The Earthquakes don’t belong to me but were sent to me some years ago to help identify them.
    Hopefully you can see what is missing. Don’t forget, though, the Earthquake never had a throttle lever and relied on the engine running at a constant speed controlled by the governor.

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.