Trusty stead

Home Forums General Help and information Trusty stead

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    ghost-rider
    Participant

How do I upload a photo from my phone ?

charlie
    Keymaster

To upload photo first ensure file size is less than 4MB, if it is more you will need to compress the file.
    After checking file size is within limits, click on ‘choose file’ add select the photo file, then submit.

ghost-rider
    Participant

Hi I have found the old tax disc for my tractor can we get chassis number from this?
    GFO 258 n/j on disc

charlie
    Keymaster

That number (GFO 258) would appear to be an Indian, with 1200cc petrol engine dated 1946 currently on SORN according to DVLA records.

ghost-rider
    Participant

Weird on the tax disc it says trusty tractor?

charlie
    Keymaster

If the number was spare ie vehicle declared scrap, then the number may have been reissued as an age related plate. It may be worth contacting the DVLA to find out.

trusty220
    Keymaster

There’s no mention of registration numbers on the factory records. The registration process was most likely done at dealer level and the information was not passed back to the factory.

As Charlie says, if the number has not been used for a considerable time then DVLA will consider it as no longer in use and re-issue it to somebody who wants an age-related number to put on an imported machine that never had a British registration.

charlie
    Keymaster

It might be worth enquiring if the original authority that issued the registration mark retained the original records in their archive, not all did. FO appears to be Radnorshire which I think is now part of Powys.

ghost-rider
    Participant

Thank you for your helpjj

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.