Trusty Earthquake controls HELP

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Trusty Earthquake controls HELP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Helo all.
    I have recently become the owner of a Trusty Earthquake rotovator and i am hoping to use it in the garden i an startng a veg garden.The beast semes to be complete and in good order,the carb was missing some parts so i have sent it to Paul Child at Meetens for refurb, it is due back any time now, However i have no idea what all the controls levers and whatever do. i found a instuction manual on cd on ebay from Moye Manuals but its not much help, does anybody have a user manual or a copy that shows how to set it up and so on,i would realy apreciate any help. If anybody lives near scunthorpe i have a kettle for brews and a fridge with beer visitors always welcome just show me how it works, Photo attatched
    Hope sombody can help
    Allan

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

The Trusty Earthquake is fairly simple to operate. Standing at the rear facing forward lever on left hand handle bar is the clutch, not clear from the photo but it looks as if your machine has a throttle control on the right hand side. The original engine was governor controlled, no throttle lever. On the right hand side of gearbox is the gear lever, all the way forward should be reverse, then as you come back neutral, first, neutral, second and if a three speed gearbox, neutral, third. Lever on back of gearbox is to engage drive to rotavator tines. Depth control is the spring loaded bolt/pin at very back which is used to adjust depth skid. Depending on ground conditions do not try to go full depth on first pass, go in stages. If trying too much in one go machine will tend to jump or even stall depending on ground. Hope this helps.

charlie
    Keymaster

The two handles at base of handle bars are for swinging handle bars to left or right, just slacken them off, turn handle bars to desired position and tighten. Make sure they are tight.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you charlie
    Tha carb arrived back today got it fitted just hope the govener rod is in the right hole on the carb, I had marked it but its been changed so !!!! ,its also been fitted with a manual choke,
    I have stripped the top cover of and had a look and topped up the engin oil and all the other oils i can get to, the gearbox oil filler a problem the cover has a holding screw behind the right wheel
    and i cant get the wheel of, the wheel bolts are all turnig and i am having a bit of a problem getting either the wheel or wheel and hub of ,but ill keep trying. Iv had a go at starting it got a good spark and a cough but thats all so far, ill try again when the weather stops running down my neck. of to the doc now my gout is playing up again. ill keep you informed,
    Allan

vhgmcbuddy

just took some more photos

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

try try try again

vhgmcbuddy

try try again

vhgmcbuddy

try again

vhgmcbuddy

and again

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

again

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

last 2

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Just found another

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

I see your machine has the clutch on the right and a stop button fitted.

vhgmcbuddy

Yes i tried it by moving the machine back and frward i think it need adjusting it was not moving the plates i will have another go when the liquid sunshine stops

charlie
    Keymaster

With the gearbox in neutral you should be able to push the machine. The clutch can stick, mine does OK to engage gear but drags so continues to drive, as soon as rotavator is put into gear and working the problem goes away due to greater load on clutch. The Albion gearbox clutch has a number of corks in th efriction plate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.