Tecumseh V60 H Engine. Ser:3470 D.

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Tecumseh V60 H Engine. Ser:3470 D.

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bubblecar1
    Participant

Hello. I am Restoring a Dismantled Westwood Lawnbug. with a Tecumseh Engine and Dellortto FHC20-13 Carb.the Bottom/Sump Plate. has been removed.also the Clamp on the Governor Shaft has been Removed.I have acquired a New Clamp. Tapered Connector Plate, with Two Holes at the Top.and Two New Links, one with a Spring on the End. Can you help me, to Connect it all back together. 1).What Position should the Gov Shaft Hook End..be in(facing the Inside of the Crank Case.Carb direction).or Upwards.(direction of the engine top. OR. towards the Rear of the CrankCase/Block.. It is a Horizontal Engine.(S/Plug at the Front). and where do the two Links Connect to on the Dellortto FHC20 13 Carb….I have the Old Links. that were already removed. so I purchased the New Parts from the USA. for what size they are. they were cheap..but the Postage was very expensive… so are there any kind persons out there, who have the knowledge, to assist me. with Written Instrutions, and/or some detailed drawings and photos….Please. Ser:3470 D. week and year of assembly… Thank You..

wristpin
    Participant

Be a little careful in your description of your engine as vertical and horizontal usually refers to the crank, not the cylinder and all the data pages in the Tecumseh manuals follow that convention. The Tecumseh on a Bug will probably be a vertical shaft, V60 or V70 etc. It’s a long time since I’ve seen a Tecumseh on a Bug and I don’t recollect seeing a Dellorto carb on one . Is it possible that your example is dismantled because someone was doing a carb swap? Alternatively I’m totally out of touch and talking nonsense . If you can confirm that it is a V60, I can possibly come up with the relevant pages from the workshop manual.

wristpin
    Participant

I’ve had a look at the Tecumseh workshop manual and although it’s got several illustrations for for what they refer to as small and medium frame engines ( less than 8hp) , nothing specifically for a V60 and only for Tillotson and Tecumseh carbs. Perhaps Dellorto carbs were a later fitment ? When you ordered the components from the US, what was your source of information for specifying them and are you able to post the illustrations that you used ? Also it would be helpful if you can post images of your carburettor and linkage set up.

Edit. Just read one of your original posts and see that you are at Dymchurch – I’m at Appledore, so a viewing could be a possibility !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.