Suffolk Galaxy mower

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Suffolk Galaxy mower

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Acquired a couple of days ago from South East London, its a Suffolk Galaxy mower, it is mentioned in 70 YOGM and seems a bit unusual, so another addition to the collection…

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

I seen that one sold on the bay back in October, I thought then it was a bit different. Good find.

vhgmcbuddy

do not remember these paul but that’s going to be a great addition to your collection. have seen a mower with a similar wheel configuration but at the moment its a blank

wristpin
    Participant

There was the Suffolk Centaur and a similar Qualcast branded machine and latterly the OMC Lrawnboy

vhgmcbuddy

70 YOGM page 256 theres the Qualcast Rotacut, very similar if not the same (badge engineering)

vhgmcbuddy

The Rotacut had different engines fitted (2 stroke JAP and 4 stroke Clinton on later models) but the chassis and wheel configuration look the same

vhgmcbuddy

A Suffolk brochure for 1969 provided a photo of the machine…

Attachments:
    dorigny
    Participant

I haven’t a Galaxy…but that Corporation is in my shed 😉

Clive.

vhgmcbuddy

Do you want a copy of the brochure Clive, send me a pm if you do !!

vhgmcbuddy

Wristpin kindly gave me a parts list for the Galaxy when he picked up the Qualcast mower today, many thanks it’s useful information !!

dorigny
    Participant

Thank you for the offer of a copy of the Galaxy/Corporation sales brochure. I am just happy to see it online, thank you. 🙂

Clive.

vhgmcbuddy

Ok Clive, no problem !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.