Spark Plug Thread repair

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Spark Plug Thread repair

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I had an interesting experience the other day, the spark plug blew out of the cylinder head of the villiers mk25 engine on my mayfield tractor, It would not fire, so I used the trusty squirt of “easy start” which always works, Well there was a mighty bang, and the plug hit the shed, taking with it the ignition lead that it dragged from the magneto.
    Examination of the cylinder head showed that the threads for the spark plug had worn away, and no longer gripped the plug, I am glad I was not leaning over it at the time! anyway, the reason for this report, is because I found a chap online who repairs cylinder head threads with a Helicoil insert, he charges £15.00 and that includes return postage, so I think that is a very fair price, he returned the finished job by return post, he is John Doogan , of Maidenhead, Berks, Telephone 07944 098490 I mention this only because of the excellent service, may be of use to someone out there.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

A close shave and a very good reason not to use Easy Start. Glad to hear you were able to get thread repaired.

vhgmcbuddy

It looks like Mr. Doogan did a fine repair on the spark plug threads at a fair price.
    Glenn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.