Something That You've Always Wanted To Say But Never Quite….

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Something That You've Always Wanted To Say But Never Quite….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

As the title says, how many times have you wanted to do this? As soon as I saw the picture on my local auctioneer’s website I thought that I wasn’t on my own!

This is for all those Saturday mornings I worked, booking in and working on a Tesco carrier bag full of parts of a recoil starter that someone had taken apart and couldn’t get back together.

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

This is for all those Saturday mornings I worked, booking in and working on a Tesco carrier bag full of parts of a recoil starter that someone had taken apart and couldn’t get back together.

To the lady instructed to get a belt or cable for hubby’s mower.
    “ yes Madam, a lot of them are green”

trusty220
    Keymaster

Aha, a kindred spirit!

What about the ones looking for a blade for the Briggs and Stratton lawnmower? We used to dread Saturday mornings with the influx of impossible jobs that people wanted us to do, like sharpening a Qualcast Concorde- it was cheaper to buy a new one! You could hear the trundle of those plastic wheels coming up the yard and we’d all beat a hasty retreat to the workshop so that we were “busy” and the storeman would have to deal with it!

Happy days, but we didn’t think so at the time!

trusty-mad
    Participant

Another variation on the same theme.

Attachments:
    alan
    Participant

At the end of last year I had to have the software updated on a precision piece of equipment for work, it was something I was not willing to do myself as it also required some safety checks to be undertaken afterwards.

Before sending the item to the manufacturer part of the procedure was filling in a generic repair request form online. One of the questions was: “Have you already attempted a repair yourself?”, followed by: “If so, what did you do?”. I can only assume this had a direct effect on the amount they charged the customer!

charlie
    Keymaster

The following flowchart is one I am sure most of us have seen but does fit in with previous discussion on here.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

And of course the mug (available here) we should all have in the workshop. I already have a T shirt with this on.

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.