Simar problems

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    carlharper
    Participant

Have got Simar 35 has been running but it has a fuel problem
    Took flote bowel off and found a wooden flote and some cork shaped to fit.
    So I am looking for new flote to fit. With this hot weather the seals on wheels and rota axle have leaked oil is this normal . Still hoping to get sorted for weely.

roatavator
    Participant

I’m not an expert, but every SIMAR I’ve had the carb bowl off has had metal float. Possibly yours is home made?
    Unless seals have been replaced in the past it’s inevitable they’ll leak. All mine do. I just top up oil before every outing. But admittedly I’m a bit lazy when it comes to taking them apart!

sidevalve44
    Participant

The rotor shaft seals on my old Howard 200 leaked badly. I replaced the oil in the gearbox with liquid grease and all I got was the occasional drip coming out.

charlie
    Keymaster

I will see if I have a spare carb I can rob the float from. Yes seals do leak, which at least shows there is some oil in gearbox. Gearbox oil should be straight, not EP, 140 see attached pdf file which includes timing details.

charlie
    Keymaster

I will see if I have a spare carb I can rob the float from. Yes seals do leak, which at least shows there is some oil in gearbox. Gearbox oil should be straight, not EP, 140 see attached pdf file which includes timing details.

carlharper
    Participant

The flote is home made. It is amazing that she run at all the wood soked the petrol and sunk
    The simar has been sitting around for up to a year . Still hopeing to get running for simar centenary at weely.

dave
    Participant

Running or not please bring it to Weeley.
    I have just acquired a Simar 35 which is seized, but running or
    not it will be going to the party.
    See you at Weeley.
    Dave.

charlie
    Keymaster

Carl you are in luck I have found a spare, luckily the 35, 50 and 56 seem to all have the same float. Drop me a pm with your address so I can post it asap, we can sort payment out when you bring machine to Weeley,

carlharper
    Participant

Thanks charlie float fits well . Will run simar at weekend. Just need to get trans oil soon will update carl

charlie
    Keymaster

Gearbox oil should be straight 140 eg Morris Oils AG140.

carlharper
    Participant

Just to update simar is running well messed up with oil mixture so smog time on allotment
    And simar is a beast weeds gone very good machine just need to weeken oil mixture so less smog
    Thanks charlie.

charlie
    Keymaster

Fuel / oil mix should be 6% oil.

carlharper
    Participant

16 to 1 then thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.