SIMAR C2J

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I had these pictures on the old site,Thought i would share them on here.
    Prior to me buying it it had been stored in anair conditioned and heated basement for over 20 years.

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

That’s the way to find them!

charlie
    Keymaster

Very nice and original. If the records are correct your machine is one of 1128 made between 24/2/32 and 8/3/40

vhgmcbuddy

I have a machine very similar to this but it says type 30 B and No is 13760.
    As any body know how old this would be ? also it requires a Barrel and Piston and there is lots of play in big end , Magneto is also missing , should I give it up as a bad Job ?

charlie
    Keymaster

I would say between 1935 and 1938. When I get a spare moment I will check if I have a spare (secondhand) barrel and piston, dont think I have a mag though. Think it should be a Lucas mag.

vhgmcbuddy

That’s brilliant , although the machine is rough it seems a shame to scrap it as it seems so well made and a peak in the transmission it seems all is well in that department.

vhgmcbuddy

hi the one thing which always seems to be missing when you talk of magneto s is the small gear on the mag shaft. these are normally hard to get. but I will retract this if someone knows where they can get one made.

charlie
    Keymaster

Yes the gear is a problem as not all mags have the same one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.