Sheen Powascythe restoration

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Sheen Powascythe restoration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi All, fixing up my Sheen Powascythe (1970’s). Anyone know about the centrifugal clutch mounting to engine drive shaft? I attach pictures. Does it unscrew or require a puller? The clutch is a 2 shoe, 2 spring unit. Does not appear to have any brake linings, do I assume it is a metal to metal clutch or the linings have been worn away? Need to remove clutch as it needs to be given some maintenance.
    N.B the Sheen Products leaflet shows a picture of the Powascythe on the left page.

Regards
    Keith

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Here is an extra photo with notation. I see that the Clutch base plate has 2 holes for a pin spanner? 65mm apart, 5mm diameter (I would have to make a tool). The centre spindle has shoulders to take a spanner.
    Am I right in thinking using an open spanner on the spindle and a pin spanner for the holes I can remove this clutch? I show the direction of engine spindle rotation….presume you would expect opposite thread direction therefore to undo you must rotate clockwise?
    Question is……rotate clockwise the plate OR the shouldered spindle (while the other is held still)?

Help please!

Attachments:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.