Rusty Ransomes ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hortiman
    Participant

Does anyone know anything about this model of Ransomes mower, there is a plate with MkX1 stamped and a serial number, so not sure of date etc. It is 16″ cut and in need of much attention.
    I am looking for a bottom blade, it is apparently wider than most Ransomes 16″ blades of today, even Jon Cruse was beaten on that one, which is most unusual, any ideas?

Chris

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

Try Garfitts (OLC discount available. They will make to order.
    If you can post or pm the dimensions – hole spacing and distance from front edge – and I’ll see what I have but not too hopeful.

hortiman
    Participant

Thank you Andrew, at the moment the blade is with John Cruse as he was trying to find one, when it returns I will post details.
    Thank you for the offer, I have now emailed Garfitts to see if they can help, sounds pricey !!

Chris

wristpin
    Participant

If you still have the sole plate just give me the hole centres for a start as that may rule out / give a glimmer of hope that any thing that I have may fit.
    My guess is that Garfitts will be around the £35 mark.

hdtrust
    Participant

All you need to know is here collecting dust on one of our shelves,just send me the number on that plate prefixed with letters.
    The answer for dating most lawn mowers is care of The Hall & Duck Trust

hortiman
    Participant

Thank you Andrew.
    Garfitts have them on the shelf at £17 odd plus VAT.
    I was most surprised.
    Chris

wristpin
    Participant

That’s good, and cheap compared with the 28″ Atco one I had from them a year ago !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.