Robin brushcutter parts

Home Forums General Help and information Robin brushcutter parts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    disco2
    Participant

Hi all I wonder if anyone has any idea where I might find a supplier of Robin brushcutter parts. I am repairing a machine for a friend and need a clutch for it. I have tried the internet and our local Ernest Does but nothing. I have looked for a generic clutch but it does not seem to be a standard size. It’s a good machine but the clutch is shot. The clutch drum is about 64mm internally. I recently repaired a Kawasaki td40 bruscuter and there are lots of clutches available but they are too big. I wondered if anyone had any ideas .
    Best wishes William

davidbliss
    Participant

I have three, now over 40 years old and out perform others of larger size, the one I bought new is untouched and never been apart, the only parts needed were carburettor diaphragms, and the rubber fuel pickup from the tank, the diaphragms a very slightly smaller than the other two. the other one I have just incase the clutch parts company, its not uncommon when people run them slowly so the clutches chatter, so being made of die-cast the pivot bushes come loose, my spare part one was given to me, its not even run in but been pulled apart by? as ever part has been forced, had a phone call one day to say they had broken a blade off the flywheel getting the flywheel off and now vibrated badly, I said if its only one take same amount of the other side, years later was given it and decided to strip it and get it to run, well taking the cover off couldn’t believe there were only three were left one side, well got it to run but it was badly out of balance, also they had butchered the end of the crankshaft, looking at its clutch it had hardly been used. I know ones fitted with the electronic ignition did fail, but never known ones with points to give trouble.

disco2
    Participant

Hi yes this is an electronic ignition one the friction linings have completely gone most of the lining is distributed as dust in the housing. I think it’s been used helicopter style as we used to call it. Too much line out and too heavy line as well so it’s destroyed the clutch.

davidbliss
    Participant

Too much line out will only pull the revs down, however if then its been run at low revs the clutch will slip, if the die-cast shoes are ok have a word with the brake re-line guys as got some small moped shoes done, just make sure they don’t melt them as are baked after bonding, my brother used to borrow it once or twice a year to clear boat portage place along the river Waveney, he would use over a half gallon of petrol, I have a job to use a tank full in an hour working flat out. I expect most of the strimmers I get brought are not repairable, even the good makes are not what they used to be as made down to a price.

disco2
    Participant

Hi it’s Will I found a company called L&s engineering they can get a clutch but it’s over a hundred pounds which is more than the machine is worth even If it’s running. I’m going to see if I can get the old one relined but it’s looking like a scrapper unfortunately.
    Best wishes William

urbanalfa
    Participant

Have you tried to find a non-runner for sale that you could strip for parts? I’m not sure how common the parts are, but I suspect they’re modern enough to come up from time to time on auction sites at much lower cost than a new part

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.