Rebuilt Briggs starts and runs nicely.

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Rebuilt Briggs starts and runs nicely.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sidevalve44
    Participant

Feeling quite chuffed. The old B&S 3hp that was originally on my Wolseley Wizard has been rebuilt.

The original pulsa-jet carb was used to get my water-pump going so, it needed a new carb.
    A complete motor with correct carb was obtained at the COEPS sale in November and the various parts purchased (gaskets, air-filter, piston rings etc.,) Valves were lapped in and gapped correctly and the whole lot put back together.

Pleased to say, that it started 4th pull (about right for a pulsa-jet) and ran beautifully, no smoke, no rattles, no coughs and splutters. Carb needed very little alteration from the 1.1/2 turns. Only downside; the right angle bend in the exhaust kept vibrating loose so, I had to remove it and replace the exhaust on its own without a bend.

I now have to find a use for it ! Two possibilities. 1) I have another Wizard minus its engine and 2) I have the tractor unit from a Howard 200 (also minus its engine) that could be turned into something useful. Both options have potential.

vhgmcbuddy

Well done, If I remember right you fitted a Chinese engine to your wizard. Has it been OK.

sidevalve44
    Participant

Hi Owen,

Yes, It’s done about 20 hrs since fitting and has been excellent. Now it is properly run-in, it pulls like a steam train !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.