Ransomes MG6

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Ransomes MG6

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Thought I would share a few pictures of my latest restoration that I started last year, it is mostly complete except for the toolbox and the bumper.

I have installed a oil pressure guage, a small Dynamo for some ligts and a diverter valve for a future replica hydraulic ramdozer build.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Very tidy with neat improvements (oil gauge and dynamo).

crawler
    Participant

Very nice restoration. I like the idea of the oil pressure guage. Did you make the spacers for setting the tracks in the wide position? My MG6 has its tracks in the wide position and it helps keep the side of the tractor clean if things get muddy.
    Unrelated, but I like your new profile picture, nice looking Lab. I’ve never been without a Lab at my side.
    I look forward to seeing some photos if you go ahead with the replica ramdozer.
    Rob

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Rob,

Oil pressure guage helps keep an eye on the big end! Yes I made the spacers for the tracks from 316 stainless, I like the look of them when the tracks are in the wide position.

Labs name is Alfie, he’s a cracker, loves the water I had to put a fence around the pond to stop him going in!

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

What a nice job you are doing I am getting a mg 6 and hope to do it up
    When I look at your 6 it gives me inspiration to do a restoration after seeing the result of your hard work. What type of paint have you used on the main body ?

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Alec,

So you’ve managed to find one?

The paint I used was sparex paint. I used the darker Nacton blue, the lighter shade is orwell and rood red.

I don’t think I would use it again though, it takes a long time to cure fully and doesn’t like coming into contact with petrol.

vhgmcbuddy
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.