Ransomes MG5 in Norway

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransomes MG5 in Norway

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi!
    My name is Lars-Kristian and I am from Norway. I have a Ransomes MG5 under renovation. There are few of these in Norway. When I bought it a few years ago it was in very bad condition and had been out for over 30 years under a tin plate.
    Now now I’m in the final stages of renovation and need some help from you.
    When I bought the tractor was no carburetor on it, but now I’ve finally got hold of carburetor to it. But now my problem following:
    The two petrol pipes that go from the tank to fuel pump and from fuel pump to the carburettor is gone. I bought new rubber petrolpipe. But I need something so I can plug them into the tank and carburetor. I understand that all threads on MG5 is BSF, the BSF is impossible to obtain in Norway. Is there any place I could buy “air nipple” like the one I put the image of that I can use? Any other suggestions?

Attachments:
    oddhatuk
    Participant

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Your MG5 is looking good, Neil Jarret is the best source of parts in this country email njarrett at btinternet.com , he is on this forum as ransome256

Dave Clark would like the serial no for the MG register, have a look at the Survivors section of this website.

Good luck with sourcing the parts and the rest of your restoration,

Hugh

ransomes256
    Participant

Lars,
    Excellent work and looking good.
    The pipe from the tank to the fuel pump was originally copper. The end at the tank would be direct fit to the in tank filter via an angled connector and the fuel pump end would have been fitted with a banjo connector soldered to the pipe.
    The pipe from the pump to the carburettor would be flexible.
    I can probably supply all the parts you require but would like a photograph of the pump and carburettor connections to be certain.
    Please send me an email njarrett@btinternet.com
    Regards
    Neil

dave
    Participant

Hi Lars, Welcome to the world of Ransomes restorers. Please can you send me the machine No
    and the engine No for the Ransomes register that I am compiling. Good luck with the final bits.
    Regards
    Dave Clark at djclark89@btinternet.com

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Hi Lars welcome to fun with Ransomes.
    The front jockey wheel is interesting was the machine used for pulling timber and the jockey for riding over tree stumps?
    Next year is the 80th anniversary of the Ransomes MG tractor we are planning a display at Tractor World Malvern Worcester over the weekend of March 12th. It would be fantastic to have some Norwegian visitors but appreciate it is an expensive trip, we have interest from fgrance ,Australia, USA and New Zealand and plan to have a display of photographs of MG tractors around the world, once complete if you would e mail me some photos and details I will put you on display. jonathan@growingmedialtd.co.uk

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for all the feedback. Tractor is not at my house for the time, but I’ll take some pictures of the carburetor and fuel pump next time I see it, I’ll send an email to you Neil. Regarding the serial number I’ll check the next time I see the Ransomes too.

Jonathan, regarding the nosewheel I not sure about the story behind, but it maybe mounted in Norway since it is very steep in many places. I can also take pictures of the tractor when it is finished for you.

Could be fun with a plow for the tractor, so nice if people speak out if they know about one for sale.

Regard Lars-K

expeatfarmer
    Participant

I hope it has a good clutch and brakes if the hills are that steep you work on!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.