Ransomes MG40 restoration project

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransomes MG40 restoration project

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi All

I have a French origin MG40 w/ Sachs motor and rear hydraulics c/w/ plough and other tools (I live in southern france).
    It’s a runner but tracks and axles are so slack that I’ve managed to get a track stuck diagonally in a load roller, which has resulted in the idler wheel pulling forward, bending the adjuster arms.
    I’m thinking of getting it all back in good order, but am going to need at least new axle bearings and oil seals, probably stub axles, who knows until I’ve stripped it down.
    So can anyone here help with spares?
    I sent a message by the contact page, and Charlie replied that Neil Jarret is the man!

Best
    Jerry

Attachments:
    dave
    Participant

Hi Jerry your Ransomes MG40 was built in 1962.I hope that you don’t mind as I
    have added it to the Ransomes register. If you want any help please give me a
    Email and I will try to help you. Dave.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Dave
    I’m happy that you have put it on your register. For info. the engine no. is 3699184.
    Thanks for your offer of help, as I said my priority at the moment is finding sources of spares before I start.
    Jerry

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Hi Jerry
    Your MG40N looks good very original. Neil Jarrett is definitely the man for spare bearings and hub seals etc. Does the engine run? I recently bought a similar machine from South of France, a good degrease /pressure was followed by a spray over with WD40 makes a huge difference to the appearance. Will you be using the machine or just for show?

ransomes256
    Participant

Jerry,
    You need to contact me by email and I will send you a list.
    njarrett@btinternet.com
    Regards
    Neil

vhgmcbuddy

@ expeatfarmer

Yes I believe it is pretty original. I bought it over ten years ago, and ran it for a few years just dragging stuff, firewood and the like, around my place, which is on a fair slope. And I look forward to using it again for just that.
    The track got stuck a few years back and I’ve just been too busy to deal with it, but have recently got my enthusiasm back… but have yet to try the engine again. Reckon it’ll still be OK though.
    There’s a fair bit of gear with it as well, I’ll drag it out of the brambles and post a photo one of these days.
    Thanks for your interest!
    Jerry

vhgmcbuddy

Many imperial bearings and seals can be bought online.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.