Ransomes dumper part 2

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Ransomes dumper part 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi people! I have a small part left over after rebuilding the gearbox/ pto/ gear changing / diff and crown wheel sections. I have a nagging feeling its out of the gearbox but cannot remember where… Any ideas welcome!

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Its half an inch long , threaded on the top as you can just make out with the hex shape on the bottom.

hillsider
    Participant

I don’t pretend to know anything about Ransomes Dumpers but here are few thoughts that may help to jog your memory.

Does the hole pass all of the way through the item and is it parallel all the way? If so it could be a support for a control rod or similar.

Is the end of the hexagon sealed off or only has a small hole in which case it may be either a breather or a sealing cap?

Is there a thread in the end of the hexagon section that would allow the piece to be a threaded adapter for a pipe to be attached?

Hope this helps, Ray.

vhgmcbuddy

Hey lads , I am currently looking for 124 UNF 7/16 x 3 inch bolts with lock nuts and 94 BSW 5/16 x 1 3/4 plough bolts with lock nuts. Been quoted some crazy prices for them. Anyone any ideas on the best place to try for sensible prices?

vhgmcbuddy

Try http://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk quite cheap but don’t allways get it right,

vhgmcbuddy

I’m currently looking for an oil gun for the oil nipples on my ransomes restoration job. Not grease gun, oil gun … Any ideas please ?

crawler
    Participant

Have a look at Frost UK
    Enter ‘oil gun’ in the search field and you will see a push type oil gun that looks similar to the type originally used. Have been meaning to buy one for a while but have never got round to it yet.
    Keep the photos coming, looks like your making good progress.
    PS I’ve had a look at the diagrams in my parts book and can’t see where that ‘spare’ part you have left over might be from.

vhgmcbuddy

Quick glimpse of progress.

charlie
    Keymaster

Looking good and sounding sweet.

vhgmcbuddy

Tracks back on

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Swamp pads reglued and primed

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Well look who’s out under his own power …

vhgmcbuddy

Out and about

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Out again

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Out

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.