One or two pictures from the VHGMC AGM

Home Forums General Help and information One or two pictures from the VHGMC AGM

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hortiman
    Participant

A few pictures from a very good day spent at Oakham Treasures museum, Near Bristol today.
    Featuring a line up of the newly voted in committee minus two or three absentees, also voted on.

And a picture of a VHGMC beanie hat, perched upon the head of well known expert on Mayfield machinery, Mr Kevin Snewin, horticulturalist of Arundel, West Sussex.
    ( Kevin is still seeking a Mayfield Mk 16 this will complete his collection of every Mayfield model produced.

Plus one or two other interesting items.

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Many thanks to all those club members who attended the AGM this year. I think everyone was agreed that Oakham Treasures is a place that you can go back to time and time again.

It’s one of the few places that exceeds all expectations, and that’s no exaggeration. The exhibits are crammed into all manner of display styles, from glass cabinets to reproduction shops. The amount is truly staggering.

The only problem now is how to top that for next year. Any suggestions?

will-haggle
    Participant

How about Milestones Museum in Basingstoke, another place I’ve had a hankering to go!

charlie
    Keymaster

Do they have a suitable meeting room at Milestones?

trusty220
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t worry about it yet, it’s twelve months away!

hortiman
    Participant

Another thought is The rural life centre, at Tilford.

charlie
    Keymaster

A quick look at their website and it looks as if they do have a room at Tilford we could use.

trusty220
    Keymaster

One problem that I have run into in the past when trying to book up suitable venues is that a lot of them don’t open until Easter, and many of them use the winter period to restore exhibits and redecorate.

Just a thought that Ivan had a couple of years ago was to explore the possibility of us going to the Fred Dibnah house and garden in Bolton. We never seem to go north with the AGM and that would bring some of the other members into the ring as well.

hortiman
    Participant

Yes Charlie.
    You may remember that when we organised ‘the first ‘Tilmow’ event, Alan Cullen came and gave us a filmshow in a rebuilt Chapel, I am not sure if it is still there.
    But it is an interesting venue.

charlie
    Keymaster

Perhaps we should put the suggested locations to the members via The Cultivator asking for their views eg would they attend?

hortiman
    Participant

That is the most democratic solution Charlie, a free vote on a number of locations.

Chris

will-haggle
    Participant

I’ll put that in as part of my report on Oakham Treasures….

ted20
    Participant

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH TRUSTY 220 IT IS ABOUT TIME THE AGM CAME FURTHER NORTH THAN THE MIDLANDS THER ARE PLENTY OF COMMUNITY FARMS UP NORTH WITH GOOD CONFERENCE ROOMS AS WELL AS MUSEUMS ETC.

charlie
    Keymaster

ted20, can you let us have the names of these community farms and tell us if they have meeting rooms we can use eg seat approx 20-30 people.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.