New addition Simar 35C

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines New addition Simar 35C

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bish
    Participant

Just picked this up last night I’ve been after a Simar for a while and I’m really pleased with this one. It all seems to be there except for the side panels.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

Another shot

bish
    Participant

Try again

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

From the side

Attachments:
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

That looks a good project, I keep looking at similar machines and then think that I will be shot if I take on more projects.

charlie
    Keymaster

I wondered who had bought it. Did the seller give you the following information? 350309 was delivered on 5-3-1957 to J L Blakemore, Plascyni, Berriew. Let me know if you need anything like owners manual, parts book etc. I will see if I have any side panels in my spares pile.

bish
    Participant

I’d already noted your information off the item description thanks. I’d love some literature on her parts book and owners manual would be really useful. If you have got some side panels I’ll gladly buy them off you as she does need some. Thanks for the help and info Charlie.

roatavator
    Participant

Well done Bish! Great to know another one is to be preserved. Is it a runner? Do you intend restoration or keeping her in her working clothes?

bish
    Participant

Thanks Roatavator she’s not a runner but she’s not seized and turns over nicely so hopefully shouldn’t take too much to get her running. She’d been left outside untouched for 40 years so I think I’ll treat her to a full restoration.

roatavator
    Participant

Good luck with the restoration! If she’s got compression then getting her running shouldn’t be too difficult (hopefully!). Look forward to more posts!

charlie
    Keymaster

e mail sent with parts list.

andyfrost
    Participant

Amazing after 40 years it’s not seized , that in itself is one major obstacle that you will not have to overcome.
    Look forward to hearing of you progress , Simars are indeed truly brilliant pieces of engineering.

Andy.

charlie
    Keymaster

Found one side cover, will need to dig a bit deeper to see if I have the other one.

bish
    Participant

She looked much worse in the photos, in the flesh she’s actually quite good. I received your emails Charlie and they will be a godsend in the restoration. Thank you for digging the side panel out you’ll have to let me know what you want for it or the pair if you have them. I really appreciate the help thankyou.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.