Monro tiller gearbox oil capacity

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Monro tiller gearbox oil capacity

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mitzygolf
    Participant

Hi, I’ve just finished renovating a Monro tiller and would like to know what the gearbox oil capacity is please. It looks good but now to see if it runs! I’ve attached a couple of photos

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Going from memory I don’t think the capacity is given.Fill the main gearbox till level is reached on long dipstick. Use a non EP oil such as Morris Oils AG140. Owners manual gives details of checking oil is getting to worm gear assuming it is a machine with oil pump.

mitzygolf
    Participant

Thanks Charlie. I know you’re an expert, is the transfer the right way up. I didn’t think so the as soon as I applied it

charlie
    Keymaster

Unfortunately you are right, the transfer is the wrong way round.

mitzygolf
    Participant

If I put another one on top would it stick?

charlie
    Keymaster

If I put another one on top would it stick? I don’t know as I have never tried.

mitzygolf
    Participant

Just tried to start it. No fuel mixture getting to the cylinder. Float chamber is filling up and when a little fuel is added straight in to the cylinder it runs. I put a replacement main jet in during the rebuild ,does the taper needle and jet need to be paired? Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks

charlie
    Keymaster

The taper needle is adjustable to get the correct fuel/air mix, the files attached below detail carb overhaul and set up.

Attachments:
    mitzygolf
    Participant

Thanks Charlie all up and running now. This is the carb that was fitted. By the way can I order another transfer please.

Attachments:
    mitzygolf
    Participant

Missed a page

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Yes you can order another transfer, drop me an email, contact details.

wristpin
    Participant

Very smart, but I have to ask, are the tyre treads supposed to be facing in different directions left and right?

charlie
    Keymaster

The wheels can be reversed to give a different off set. If one is at narrow setting and the other is at wide setting then it would have one tread facing the opposite way. If both wheels are on the same setting then yes it would appear one tyre is on the wrong way round.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.