Monro Tiller 3 and trailer.

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Monro Tiller 3 and trailer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

The latest addition to my collection bought via that online auction site an absolute bargain at less than £30 and in working order too. This trailer is different to the other in my collection as this one has removable sides and ends to give a flat bed.
    The tractor unit has had a replacement engine fitted by Mechanised Gardening who also modified the clutch operating arm, moving it to outside the gearbox, so the clutch cable can be replaced without stripping the machine. Haven’t identified which model the engine is, it has electronic ignition and a Delorto carb.

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

Lovely find, engine looks like an F15….

First Picture is my F15 engined Tarpen Generator….
    Second on is Charlies other trailer…

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Alan, thanks for confirming identity of engine, fortunately I have the manual for that one already in my collection. Although it is an early book showing magneto ignition and Villiers or AMAL carbs.
    That is both the only known genuine Monro Tiller trailers.

vhgmcbuddy

Don’t believe I’ve ever seen a trailer that had removable sides, looks to be a handy thing. Also appears the unit has been hen approved.

charlie
    Keymaster

Ahh you spotted the little ‘helper’, anything new has to be inspected and any work I happen to be doing outside closely watched.

vhgmcbuddy

Its funny how the animal members of the family join in to view your latest purchase isn’t it ??

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Maybe we should have a special membership rate for pets!!!!

will-haggle
    Participant

My old dog, Seb with my Bantam….

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.