Merrry Tiller Professional

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Merrry Tiller Professional

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    will-haggle
    Participant

Be careful what you ask for, I put a wanted ad in the Wessex Stationary Engine club newsletter for a Clinton 900 engine, I got a reply from a chap who has a complete Merry Tiller Professional. I went and bought it today and it is complete! It’s in good nick as well! But I only wanted an engine!

andyfrost
    Participant

Result Alan………never look a gift Horse in the mouth.

Andy.

will-haggle
    Participant

I’ve taken some photo’s….
    Wheels are non-standard solid tyres (Avon Ranger)probably from a garden truck, it has no clutch pin, this puts the age pre-October 1963. The exhaust is angled and it will start as soon as I sort out the aged petrol which is decidedly “off”

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Will
    Nice find !!

vhgmcbuddy

Tell about get more than you bargain for,but it’s nice to have the hole lot. As you wrote Alan do look in good nick.

will-haggle
    Participant

Just need to clean out the fuel system now, due to the fuel having gone off. I’ve fitted new clutch and throttle cables. Took it to Brinkworth show on Sunday and put it in with the rest of my machines….
    First picture is rear view, second one shows my two Professional models, far one came with reverse gear and is later than the one I just got!

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Nice display, Alan.

will-haggle
    Participant

I finished cleaning out the fuel system today and she runs! Now all I need is to get the other one running, it has fuel and a spark. It fires but won’t pick up….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.