landmaster stoic no spark

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines landmaster stoic no spark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have a Landmaster Stoic with the Briggs and Stratton magnetron engine. I have changed the magnetron, still no spark. I conclude i need a new coil, but cannot find the right one for my machine. When I visit suppliers, they ask for an engine number. i cannot see one. Please help.

hillsider
    Participant

The most likely location for the engine numbers is stamped onto the side adjacent to the carb or the end near the spark plug of the recoil start housing
    You should find a Model,Type and Code number under the paint or in some cases rust so be prepared to give the area a clean with some fine emery cloth.
    Ray.

sidevalve44
    Participant

If your engine is 3.5 or 4HP and the mounting hole centres are 6.4cm apart I think you’ll find the part number you need is 591420. £38.46 from Briggsbits.

wristpin
    Participant

Many mower repairers will have a collection of coils with in built magnetron units taken from scrap machines. Around here you can pick one up for for a tenner or so. Problem solved without having to fiddle about un-soldering and re-soldering the early style clip on magnetrons.
    Not a Stoic expert but I recollect that the push machines were either 3.5hp of 5hp – the fives being fairly obviously a bigger lump – and the power drive ones were 4hp.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.