Landmaster Saturn Rotary Lawn Mower

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Landmaster Saturn Rotary Lawn Mower

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    darmic1
    Participant

Thanks Charlie, that’s what attracted me to it, something different, unusual shape, not Orange, nor Green!

darmic1
    Participant

I had one problem with the power driven Landmaster, Its exhaust system! The Muffler is quite a small diameter. Unfortunately the replacement ordered was too big. After a lot of searching I managed to find the correct size Muffler, but it had a different screw thread on it. After consulting with my local Unimaster, a solution was found. It was to drill out the 4 spot welds and remove the incorrect threaded collar. Take a 1/2″ pipe fitting and cut to length, machine the end to fit the muffler and puddle weld the correct threaded collar to the muffler. Also had to remake the “Can” which enables the exhaust to vent beneath the deck.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Got the grass box for Saturn 2 back from the welder at last. Then set to and painted all the metal work for this the power driven model.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Had a busy day today. Visited a local event, The Berkshire Country Fayre, it advertised vintage agricultural and horticultural amongst others, but unfortunately the horticultural was AWOL, so no photo’s I’m afraid. However, I made good use of my afternoon and put the 2nd Saturn back together and got it running for the 1st time. Here are a few pictures….

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

After 2 1/2 hours it was all done and running sweetly. Here are the 2 Saturn’s together, just waiting for some of Titch’s fine decals to finish them off…….

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

And a short video of this one running for the 1st time.

darmic1
    Participant

Here we are with Decals on…..

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Wow, that’s some fantastic work! I’m trying to create something similar with a Landmaster Stoic Mk1. It might be a pain, but would you be able to let me know the paint name/colour of the Ford Blue you have used and the same for the white/cream?

I assume you used high heat primer and paint for some or all of the engine – please can you let me know where you found it?

Where did you find the Landmaster decals? Is Titch a fellow club member? I’ve sourced the B&S engine decals but can’t find the landmaster ones for love nor money.

Given you describe Hook as “just round the corner” I don’t think we’re too far apart, I’m just outside Petersfield.

Thanks,

Richard

darmic1
    Participant

Hi Richard
    Sorry, but not been on here for a while and just seen your request for paint help. I will find the paperwork for the colours and post it here tomorrow. I believe Titch is still a club member? If not google ‘Machinery Decals’ you will find him there. Sorry I cant help now, am currently at work…..
    Regards
    Darren

darmic1
    Participant

Oh and just around the corner, not quite……. Im in Newbury, Berkshire……..

darmic1
    Participant

Hi Richard
    As promised the codes for the paint used on the Landmasters…… Unfortunately the colour name is not on the invoice, just the paint type and codes. The Blue is 19-0590, and the white is 02-0240. Most car paint suppliers using maxmeyer selemix should be able to sort the correct stuff.
    Regards
    Darren

trusty220
    Keymaster

Tag removed.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.