landmaster rotorvators i need a bit of help ?

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines landmaster rotorvators i need a bit of help ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

hi can anyone help with any info about landmaster rotorvators …my father left me a model 100….then my uncle died and he left me his 50/55 i think ? …and when i went to pick it up my other uncle gave me another…not sure of make but it has an original b&s engine…. today we pulled the 100 out to see if it runs…it does…but there is a carb problem…it was flooding the intake, we stripped it and cleaned it out & checked the float level wasnt punctured and tweeked the bit that lets petrol in to the bowl.didnt seem to far out…
    but was still filling the intake we tinkered all afternoon and discovered that when the needle on the bottom of the float bowl was screwed in no leak…but no fuel to engine…out it leaks but over fuels the pesky critter….. any pointers would be great….manual or some scibling on the back of a fag packet with the settings and tollerances etc would be blooming marvelous ! cheers

vhgmcbuddy

Hi, I have had trouble with flooding on Briggs flo jet carb on my Merry Tiller, spent a lot of time fiddling with no success. In the end I fitted a new carb kit end of trouble.The float position on my carb is level with the carb body, needle just seating.

vhgmcbuddy

thanks for the reply, we treated it like a bike and did same set it level…i dont know what a flow carb is or if this has one ? lol… other than bikes as a child , the only other engines ive worked on were cat d8`s 20 odd years ago the old fella ran a couple so i got roped in when needed…. would the same carb kit work with this beast ? if so could you point me at where i might get one . cheers 🙂

wristpin
    Participant

Hi, I have had trouble with flooding on Briggs flo jet carb on my Merry Tiller, spent a lot of time fiddling with no success. In the end I fitted a new carb kit end of trouble.The float position on my carb is level with the carb body, needle just seating.

More often than not the problem with these carbs is not the needle and seat but internal leakage between the nozzle and the carb body. The nozzle seat can be lapped using a modified slave nozzle and the seal between the nozzle and carb body can be restored using the teflon washer from the 391413 Pulsa-jet repair kit.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi. This is a my flo jet carb, is yours like this. I got the kit on Ebay old stock. If you Google Briggs flojet, it will give you lots of advice. This kit would be no good if your carb is a different type.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for those nugets chaps 🙂 i now know what a flow carb is …and mines not one …but i did come across a diagram that was mine whilst looking at them…..i got a part num off it and found a service kit on ebay for £16 new tube needles gaskets, o rings etc………this is the link if anyone else has the same problem 🙂 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231108048018?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 could still do with a peek at a manual if anyones got one ? cheers

vhgmcbuddy

haha errrr just pretented that i said it wasnt lol it must be …its the same as the photo…when i searched flow jet carbs it kept showing me the primer button type like on my lawn mower…..???? oooops hahaha 🙂

charlie
    Keymaster

If you look on the engine cowl you should find the engine type and number stamped in it, this will help identify exactly what engine you have as well as date of manufacture. I can then have a look and see if I have any information that could be of use to you.

vhgmcbuddy

Just double check your carb. Better to make sure before you order.

vhgmcbuddy

brill thanks charlie…..will try and get the nums tomorow & will get back to you. owen its a tad late ive ordered them lol …..due to the two week delivery…….i have stuff i need to plant asap and the ground is hard as buggery ! cheers 🙂

vhgmcbuddy
    vhgmcbuddy

cheers owen 🙂 i will have a watch in a mo.

Charlie ive got some numbers off the model 100 …s/n from plate on chassis E209 51 Numbers from the cowling on the engine …. that i can see ? 80302 0153 01
    any info would be muchley appreciated many thanks

charlie
    Keymaster

It appears you have a Flo-Jet two piece carb see illustration.

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

As Charlie says, two piece Flo Jet. Just Google Briggs 803020153 and you’ll get an illustrated parts list. Cannot over emphasise the need to remove the angled jet (Briggs call it a nozzle) before trying to separate the two parts of the carb.
    It’s situated behind the mixture adjuster that looks like a fuel tap sticking out of the bowl at an angle.
    For safe removal of the nozzle you need the correct tool or a good fitting parallel sided screwdriver. An old screwdriver ground down for the purpose will be a useful addition to the tool box!

charlie
    Keymaster

Attached is extract from workshop manual which covers Flo-Jet carb.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.